Sunday, August 28, 2011

CNE: The Ex!

So I checked out The Ex this week, it's a once-a-year event held in the Canadian National Exhibit centre. It runs from August 19th to the 5th of September. Here are some events that I encounter while roaming around:

The entrance area. It looks like a carnival doesn't it? ( The qualities of these photos are not the best because they were taken on my phone camera. )
The thrill rides are extremely over priced, six something - a bit more and less of Canadian dollars for 30 seconds of  your life. If you really want to go somewhere where various roller coasters dominate the landscape, go to Canada's Wonderland!
Excuse my bad photo taking skills, the background was suppose to say "Hairspray" but instead it says "Airspray". I'm quite talented at creating random transformations of perfectly normal things, aren't I? It was a Ice Skating Show featuring Canada's own 2010 Bronze medalist Joannie Rochette.
More of my wonderful photography


The grand opening of the show, everybody grooved along with the popular party song of We Will Rock You - Queen.
A peak of the star's arrival on the ice!
Trippy ? I think so. Does anyone know what these are called? I think they're meant to be kept on the balcony.
Sand sculptures!
A stone sculpture. They are created by finding the balancing point of each rock. Anyone else see that face on the top of the rock? I thought it kind of looked like an alien, therefore I added a space effect.
Fantastic smelling flowers, the store said "All natural", but the flowers themselves smelled a bit processed.



A fancy dressed English man in our 21 century. I guess the vintage look is really coming back hard and fast.
Beautiful colored lamps, I would love to have one in my room.
Super dog show, what is so great about it is that 40% of the dogs in the show are adopted from the Humane Society and animal shelters.




But during the visit I found that there were so literally tons of companies of all sizes, big and small, advertising their products. The irony in this is that we were paying to go there. In a sense, are we paying for advertisements?

All in all, it was a great experience, I hope those of you who can go will go visit before the annual event pulls its curtains on the 5th of September








No comments:

Post a Comment